
Juno was an interesting little flick. I went into it expecting some laughs, but what followed came out of no where. I think that the film had good intentions, as an eye-opener for the tween-to-twenty somethings crowd. The only negative I can think of is that the underlying issue is kind of pushed under the rug. Her quirky style, and fun lingo pretty much negate all the chaos and negative consequences of an unwanted pregnancy. She actually makes being sixteen-years old and, "preggers", look kind of...cute? The boy in the film has hardly anything to do with the whole thing, while the parents take a backseat in any life lesson speeches, or punishments..or anything really. I may just be over analyzing the interpretation I received, but I feel like I was wise at 19 compared with half my fellow movie-goers. Which is just scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment