One of my roommates just informed me that she will be spending the May Term in Taos, New Mexico. It made me reminisce on the great experiences and opportunities I had while I spent my time there. Last summer I participated in the August term, and it was one of the most amazing trips I have yet to have taken in College. As a homebody, I came to SMU from good ole' HP high only a mile or two from my home. This opened my eyes to a real awakening, in which, I was more independent than I have ever been in my life. I hiked the tallest peak of NM, I rafted down the Rio Grande, and I learned in a way that engaged me fully, and completely. This is an amazing endeavor that any one with a taste for nature and serenity should take. The above photo to the left is one that I took at an "Earthship", a real-life home made of completely recycled materials including tires, bottles, and adobe. The second photo is one that I really admire, because it is at the peak of Wheeler Mountain with my good friend, and sister.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Taos: A Cultured Study
One of my roommates just informed me that she will be spending the May Term in Taos, New Mexico. It made me reminisce on the great experiences and opportunities I had while I spent my time there. Last summer I participated in the August term, and it was one of the most amazing trips I have yet to have taken in College. As a homebody, I came to SMU from good ole' HP high only a mile or two from my home. This opened my eyes to a real awakening, in which, I was more independent than I have ever been in my life. I hiked the tallest peak of NM, I rafted down the Rio Grande, and I learned in a way that engaged me fully, and completely. This is an amazing endeavor that any one with a taste for nature and serenity should take. The above photo to the left is one that I took at an "Earthship", a real-life home made of completely recycled materials including tires, bottles, and adobe. The second photo is one that I really admire, because it is at the peak of Wheeler Mountain with my good friend, and sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment